perjantai 13. huhtikuuta 2012

Enter the Pargon Path

“As you can see, my interpretation of the Prophesy was no false,” Delaxurathan said with his hissing sound.
“Indeed,” Thought answered thinking what Deluxurathan has told to him before. “This goliath woman – Lendar is the key or gate or map or whatever. She will lead us to Price. But the other too, they have more significance than I have thought before. And then there is this artifact – the Deck.”
Silence fell between the two.
“Tell me about the Deck. I have heard of it, of course. Tell me something I don’t already know.” Thought said finally.
“The Deck is what makes it hard to interpret the Prophesy.” the black dragon said. “It always had, I just didn’t realize that it is in the Nentir Valley.”
“What do you mean?” Thought raised his face and looked deep into the dragons burning eyes.
“The Deck has fooled my kin before. Some Fey say it has power over the Prophecy, but they are wrong of course, nothing has power over the Prophecy.”
Thought kept his silence, not telling the dragon where he actually would have liked to stuff the Draconic Prophesy.
“The Deck is a tool of Chaos. In some ways, it is more related to Price than to Fey who claim to have invented it. However within the proximity of the Deck the Prophesy is nearly incomprehensible.”
“We need to control the Deck then,” Thought said.
“The Devils of the Nine Hells cannot control the Deck. The Gods of the Sovereign Host nor the Dark Six can control the Deck of Many Things. It does what it does. I do not claim to know the true origin or the purpose of the Deck. When the Deck is present, as it is now, my advice is to clear the fuck off. But I do not see you as a man who backs off from the greatest Price imaginable just because an old wyrm says so.”
They both knew that Thought, with his mastery of sorcery, was one of the few individuals in the whole continent of Khorvaire that could pose deadly threat to black dragon Deluxurathan in any battlefield. With those words, from one of the most ego-centric beings in the Eberron, their alliance was sealed again.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti